#ContactForm1{display: none !important;}

Total Pageviews

Tiny Entertainment Maybe Slammed With A Law Suit


Surprisingly, a lot of people have credited the successful production of YCee’s hit tune ‘Juice’ to Maleek Berry. This maybe the reason record producer, Adey, has threatened to sue the record label.
The 3rd episode of M.A.T.S Podcast, the producer revealed that he was not paid royalties or giving recognition of any kind for his work. When asked if he had made any financial gains, he replied saying “In terms of benefiting from that song, financially, I would say no”.
Adey also added that this misunderstanding with Tiny Entertainment would not deter him from his good works regardless. He further added;
I haven’t gotten any. I made more money from ‘Wavy level’ than I have made from ‘Juice’. The problem with Nigeria is that if you show your soft side too much, people always take you for a ‘dickhead’. That’s the truth about it. That’s why everyone is so guarded and so angry around here. You make one small step towards trusting someone, and they turn around and dump it on you.
“For me, the type of person I am, I will keep it moving. Regardless of ‘Juice’ or not, my life will still go on.
“What me I’m personally about is actually doing the right thing. I get upset when people who are close to you take measures to make sure they don’t do the right thing.”
Asked if he would take the matter the court, the producer was very quick to reply saying;
It’s happening…they should be aware that it is coming. Both parties believe that they are right, but what is actually right is the black and white on the paper. I don’t want to dwell on it too much, but the fact of it is that it is a disservice to me.”
Adey, however, made an assurance that his relationship with Ycee remains cordial. In his word, they are “cool.
Undeniably, JUICE was an anthem at some point and still enjoys massive airplay till this day. Could this law suit go forward?, lets keep our fingers crossed.

EDITORS NOTE: This article had initially reflected PULSE.NG as a primary source of information. A second check however, revealed this to be untrue which has lead to the re-editing of this story.

No comments

Theme images by rami_ba. Powered by Blogger.